Companies come in many shapes and sizes. More than 75% of the activities performed are the same between all companies. For the remaining 25%, there are important similarities within industry types. Successful system selection and implementation depends on understanding the similarities and differences.
Fundamental to planning/scheduling and inventory control is how product is made. In the discrete and repetitive industries a Bill-of-Materials is imploded. In the process industry many products can be made from relatively few raw materials, exploding a BOM. Version control may be necessary on highly engineered items. Shelf life and ageing is needed in the food and pharmaceuticals industries. So its unavoidable that any system that is going to be effective for your company must be capable of operating according to the industry requirements.
- Aerospace (Planes, satellites, missiles, drones, helicopters
- Retail(Wholesale, On-line, Big Box)
- Process Industry (Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals, Paint, Plastics, Metals, Paper)
- Repetitive (Electronics, Appliances, Home-goods, Autos, Furniture)
- Food and Beverage
- Property Management
- Professional Services
Supply Chain Systems, Inc.
© All of the material which is provided by Supply Chain Systems is protected under the copyright laws of the United States and other nations throughout the world. Supply Chain Systems allows persons reading this material to make copies for their personal reference, provided that these copies also contains a copy of the this copyright statement. No copy may be made for any commercial use except by the expressed prior written permission of Supply Chain Systems, Inc.